[Asterisk-Users] Zap POTS Line Problem calling outbound

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Wed Jun 22 13:18:52 MST 2005

I have one POTS line going into a TDM400P.  Here in Atlanta, we have 10
digit local dialing.  I launch a call "Zap/1/7705551212" and it goes
thru just fine.  The next time I try it, without any modifications, I
get a Bell recording telling me that I must dial the area code and seven
digit number when placing a local call.  It's like Asterisk may be
starting the dial before the line is ready (I'm guessing).

The only thing I could think of was to play with the echotraining
parameter.  Didn't work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Zaptel.conf:
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
fxsks=1

Zapata.conf
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
immediate=no
busydetect=yes
callprogress=no
musiconhold=default
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
group=1
channel=1

The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and delete this message and its attachments, if any.