[Asterisk-Users] ZapRAS

Jason McAffee mcaffee.jason at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:34:05 MST 2005

Daniel,
  we have the same problem when our PRI line drops and Zapras has to
reconnect.  You will also notice that the pppd process does not die
when Zapras does and the ppp connection cannot re-establish itself.
What we normally do is restart asterisk and then kill the pppd process
with the command:  killall -9 pppd.
How much of your resources does the pppd process take up when Zapras executes?
Maybe try making pppd a lower priority than asterisk.
Double check your configuration and make sure that you've done all
that you needed to in order to properly setup zapras.  go to digiums
website and look at documentation.