[Asterisk-Users] RE: TDM400P & Channel Group

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Wed Jun 22 09:46:45 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----

Message: 18
<snip>

When I launch an outbound call as ZAP/g1/${EXTEN}, Asterisk goes to
Zap/1 and I hear dead air because there is no line attached to that
port.  Shouldn't it be smart enough to go to Zap/4 as the only available
port in the group?

-you obviously read the wiki enough to know about g1 as a parameter telling
* to grab the first available line in group one *from the front to the
back*.  Look at the wiki again and look for the G1 parameter.

In either case, I don't believe that * would skip over a channel that didn't
have an active line attached to it because that channel is not seen as
offhook (in use).  It would still grab the 4th line in your case and you
would get dead air.