[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P DevKit Problem

Hamdy Elbarkouky hbarkouky at barkotel.com
Wed Jun 22 07:51:06 MST 2005

I installed the TDM400P and installed it on a system running on Fedora
Core1, please refer to the steps below. I connected an analogue phone to the
FXS port.

When I pick up the speaker I don't hear the dialtone although when I press a
number key I hear a DTMF generated. What could be the problem?

I appreciate your help

1- First I installed the TDM400P in the PCI slot and connected the power
socket, no problems found

2- I compiled zaptel 1.0.4:

cd /usr/src/zaptel/

make clean

make install

3- Configured etc/zaptel.conf

fxoks=1; this is the location of my fxs port

fxsks=4; this is the location of my fxo port

loadzone=us

defaultzone=us

4-Compiled asterisk 1.0.5

make clean

make install

5- Created Sample configuration files

make samples

6- Modified zapata.conf, now it looks like this

language=en

context=incoming

switchtype=national

signalling=fxo_ks

channel => 1 ; this is the location of my fxs port

signalling=fxs_ks

channel => 4; this is the location of my fxo port

7- Modified extensions.conf

[general]

[incoming]

exten => s,1,Answer()

exten => s,2,Playback(goodbye)

exten => s,3,Hangup()

8- Loaded the Zaptel Drivers

modprobe zaptel

9- Loaded the xcfxs driver

modprobe wcfxs

THE RESULT IS:

Freshmaker version: 71

Freshmaker passed register test

Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO

Module 1: Not Installed

Module 2: Not Installed

Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)

Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)

10- Configured the signalling using ztcfg

ztcfg -vv

THE RESULT IS:

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

11- Start asterisk

asterisk -cvvv

cli*>