[Asterisk-Users] How can you check that eg TDM04B hardwareinstalled and drivers OK

Angus Comber angus at iteloffice.com
Wed Jun 22 06:13:54 MST 2005

Hello

Here is what I find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angus

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Adamson" <radamson at routers.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] How can you check that eg TDM04B
hardwareinstalled and drivers OK

>> I am struggling to get my TDM04B working.  Just to rule out a hardware
>> problem how can I check
> that the hardware works?  How can I then
>> check that the drivers are loaded correctly?
>>

> You didn't mention which linux distro you're using, so translate the

** Asterisk at Home version 1.0 on Centos OS.
> following into whatever your system expects. Try the following items:
>
> 1. from the linux command line, type 'dmesg' and look for
> Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV H (4 modules)
> if you see that, the TDM card is recognized by the OS.
** Did not find TDM!

> 2. from the linux command line, type 'cat /proc/interrupts and look for
> an entry with 'wctdm' in the list. If you don't see wctdm listed,
> the module is not loaded as yet.
** no wctdm in list

> 3. in /etc/zaptel.conf, ensure you have an entry like:
> fxsks=1-4
** OK - but think a hardware issue needs to be resolved first

> 4. if you're using a linux v2.6 kernel, read
> /usr/src/zaptel/README.udev
>
> 5. with asterisk stopped and from the linux command line, try
> sysconfig zaptel start
** Command not found

> 6. What do you see if you run 'zttool' from the linux command line?

**
** Zaptel Tool loads and I see this:

Zapata Telephony Interfaces
Alarms      Span

nothing else

If click on Select go to another screen:

Current Alarms: No Alarms
Sync Source: Internally clocked
IRQ Misses: 0
Bipolar Viol: 0