[Asterisk-Users] Is this server sufficient?

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Jun 22 04:50:37 MST 2005

On Wed, June 22, 2005 13:39, Dean Collins said:
> As an asterisk server it is more than fine but asterisk prefers to be a
> standalone machine.
>
> You would have a lot less issues if you had 2 machines, one handling
> file serving, SMTP and one dedicate machine for asterisk.
>
> Voice isn't very tolerant of interrupts.
>

> Cheers,
> Dean

I am aware of that, but the server is doing nada 99.9% of the time right
now, so I'd rather give up the other functionality and have it to * rather
than the other way round!  ;-)

I thought I'd give it a try with * and see whether we have issues when the
rare SMTP/SMB access occurs (and deal with it then!)

I just wanted to be sure that the machine is sufficient to do * and then
some...  ;-)

I think I'll use the upcoming vacation period to go play with it then!  :-D

Cheers!

--
Francesco Peeters
----