[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream 100 pricing question

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Jun 22 04:05:27 MST 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Pavel Jezek wrote:

> I had gxp-2000 for testing some days, but features are (in current
> firmware) _very_ limited!
> phone does not have missed, dialed numbers, phone book, speakerphone is
> useless...

Some of these features are in the 1.0.1.9 version that was released last
week. Missed and dialed numgers are available, although not in a very
good interface (press the left and right arrows while off-hook). They do
have separate memories per configured account.

Grandstream clains thay will address the speakerphone problems in an
upcoming release. I think they need a more advanced echo canceler since
the speaker and microphone are acoustically strongly coupled.

Also expected in the near term is suppor for Subscribe/Notify.

> phone have nice backlight display and in-line power :-)
> but if you like features, grandstream is not for you...

On the other hand Grandstream seem to care about what their users want, at
least for minor features. Everything we asked for was included in the
current release. They seem serious in their attempt to break into the
higher end market.

Peter