[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream 100 pricing question

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Jun 21 23:35:58 MST 2005

On Tue, June 21, 2005 23:07, Kristof Hardy said:
> Francesco Peeters wrote:
>> I can get Grandstream 100 SIP phones for EUR 75. I'm not sure about the
>> pricing for these in Europe, so I'd like to hear from people here
>> whether
>> that is a reasonable price for them?
>
> Prices I know are around 99 EUR, incl VAT. But if you ask me, depending
> on how many you need, you should take a look into the GXP-2000. (+- 125
> EUR incl VAT)
>
> The difference in quality (and features) between these is big enough to
> justify the difference in price.
>
> Cheers..

Thanks for the info... I am considering getting these to experiment with,
so I can do some testing *before* I actually get in to the real thing. The
cheaper the test period, the better, so 2 of these (which later can be
reused in less used area's) look pretty interesting...

The shop I saw these also sells - pretty cheap -  little devices (forgot
the name, they look like a translucent blue ice-hockey puck) that do SIP
conversion for analog telephones or PBX extensions. (I am thinking
migration period here: first connect one of those to each of the two PBXs
as an extension, so you can use it to 'dial' in to the * server.

Then my migration plan - after initial testing - would then look like this:
1) Install * on both sites
2) IAX2 link
3) 'SIP-puck' on both PBX's and connect these to the * servers
(at this point all users can talk to eachother over landlines *and* SIP)
4) Start migrating inidividual users to SIP & *
5) retire old PBXs

--
Francesco Peeters
----