[Asterisk-Users] 403 forbidden on SIP register

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Jun 21 14:41:52 MST 2005

Hi,

On 12:52, Tue 21 Jun 05, snacktime wrote:
> I'm getting 403 forbidden errors when attempting to register to a
> certain provider.  I've tried just about every combination of
> configuration settings I can think of with no luck.  Following is what
> I would think should work (and one of the settings I have tried).
> Rather then list every combinaton I've tried, what are the common
> causes of a 403 forbidden on a register attempt?
>
> Other providers work fine using the same syntax.  And the provider
> that I am having sip registration problems with works fine with iax.
>

> register => username:password at voip.provider.com/provider-context
>
> [provider]
> type = friend
> context = provider-context
> host = host.provider.com
> username = username
> secret = password
> disallow = all
> allow = all

This should work, taken in account the username/pass are
correct and the hostnome is the one they provided you as SIP
registry server.
What looks odd to me is the last two lines.
Why are you first disallowing all codecs and in the next
line allowing them all again ? You should either
disallow=all and allow some codecs or just go with the
allow=all without the disallow line.

Just my 2 cents.
--
Michiel van Baak