[Asterisk-Users] Digium Card: Echo, Echo and more Echo

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Tue Jun 21 15:09:07 MST 2005

I presume you mean that the 7960 party hears an echo of their own voice, regardless if they place an outgoing or answering an incoming call? Similarly the PSTN party never hears an echo?

If you've not upgraded zaptel or changed any settings it's most likely your telco has rearranged their facilities somehow - ie. changed from an echo-canceled to non-echo-canceled trunk card, changed their network loss plan etc. Perhaps they've even got a busted echo canceller thats gone unnoticed, but that's pretty unlikely. Your config files look fine.

I would start with a call to the telcos repair service - its resonably reported as a fault if it suddenly changed overnight, most CO work being done very late at night...  See if you can get the ticket escalated to the local switch engineer to truly understand what they've tweaked.

If you find out what they did, be sure to post it.

Hope that helps.

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District