[Asterisk-Users] Extension Configuration Best Practice

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Tue Jun 21 13:39:14 MST 2005

On Jun 21, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Denis Galvão - iSolve wrote:

>> And asterisk will never do that, because that's not how SIP works.
>
> Is there a way to just register the phone when user pickup the phone!?
> In this way we can have two phones regitered with the same context.

Sure, if you want it to never ring.

Seriously though, the whole purpose of the registration method is to
authoritatively peer with a useragent.

Just use alias extensions that then define a ring group of SIP agents
beneath them.

I outlined my method for this in:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-May/107245.html

-Rob.