[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7750

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Tue Jun 21 06:56:23 MST 2005

I have read of people attempting to do this, and I just wanted everyone
to know about what we've discovered about the Cisco 7750.  If you don't
know what it is, it's basically a blade server.  I have 1 power blade, 1
alarm processor, 2 system processing engines and 1 multi-service route
processor.  We just got asterisk running on this today!!!

We haven't tested the T1 with it, yet, but I pretty sure it will work
OK.  All of the FX ports work beautifully right now.  The big deal about
this for me is that I  have battled over and over again with interrupt
issues with Digium hardware.  This is sweet because all the T1
processing including echo cancellation should be done on the route
processor.  Asterisk doesn't have to do much of anything.

Thought you guys might want to know.  I'll keep you posted as to how it
works for us!!

Mark