SV: SV: [Asterisk-Users] Presence and IM?

Bjørn Ove Kristiansen bok2 at online.no
Tue Jun 21 05:58:47 MST 2005

Hello all!

First of all, thank you for all suggestions. As suggested, FOP does show
who's online, but it's not really what I'm looking for. As said before,
there's possibilities within the SIP protocol to have presence indication
(using SIMPLE?) and that's what I would like to use.

Not there yet, but imagine a small department with five staff members, all
equipped with laptops. Some of them are constantly on travel. With the
ability to use presence, any staff member will be able to tell right away
who's online and who's not, without going through an operator or opening up
FOP through their web browser. I'd consider this an advantage.

Regards,
Bjorn