[Asterisk-Users] How can you check that eg TDM04B hardware installed and drivers OK

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jun 21 06:09:46 MST 2005

> I am struggling to get my TDM04B working.  Just to rule out a hardware problem how can I check
that the hardware works?  How can I then
> check that the drivers are loaded correctly?

You didn't mention which linux distro you're using, so translate the
following into whatever your system expects. Try the following items:

1. from the linux command line, type 'dmesg' and look for
 Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV H (4 modules)
if you see that, the TDM card is recognized by the OS.

2. from the linux command line, type 'cat /proc/interrupts and look for
an entry with 'wctdm' in the list. If you don't see wctdm listed,
the module is not loaded as yet.

3. in /etc/zaptel.conf, ensure you have an entry like:
 fxsks=1-4

4. if you're using a linux v2.6 kernel, read
 /usr/src/zaptel/README.udev

5. with asterisk stopped and from the linux command line, try
 sysconfig zaptel start

6. What do you see if you run 'zttool' from the linux command line?