[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and radius?

maka icokan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:03:33 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have been looking at some billing solutions for asterisk. I saw
there is Trabas VoIP Billing which apparently is working through
radius cdr records, and also astPP which was recently released, and
CDRTool.

Has anyone been able to succeffully use radius with asterisk for CDR records?

I tried app_radius with freerdius according to the wiki docs, but the
Radius(CPP) keeps playing a prompt for pin and password - can't that
be bypassed in some way - I don't want each call to be interactively
authenticated on the asterisk since the client has already registered
with SER, I just need the CDR.

Or does that mean that I have just misconfigured freeradius and radius.conf?

If anyone has a more-extencive document on configuring asterisk with
freeradius, please post an advice.

Thank you.