[Asterisk-Users] IAXy G729 Translation

Samy Antoun samyantoun at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 17:48:02 MST 2005

Hi,
I’ve an Asterisk box with G729 Codec, a Broadvoice
trunk, IAXy connected locally and a Sipura 2000 (G729
as a preferred codec) Connected remotely. When I’m
dialing out from the Sipura using the Broadvoice
trunk, everything is OK but if I dial the IAXy
extension, It keep ringing and I can’t hear the
voicemail prompt (Though the CLI showing that it plays
the voice prompt). Odder, if I disconnect the IAXy and
try to call that extension from the Sipura, I can hear
the voicemail prompt.
Anyone has an explanation for this behavior?
Regards.