[Asterisk-Users] Prepaid systems considerations

Ricardo Poppi rpoppi77 at terra.com.br
Mon Jun 20 17:08:24 MST 2005

Hi all.

I´ve been around looking on the wiki and past discussions of this list
to find out witch is the best prepaid solution to put to work into my
environment.

I have a Pentium 4 machine with 1 TDM400P with 2fxo, fedora core 2 and a
very nice running asterisk. I need a prepaid solution to put my SIP/IP
users to use the pstn line with certain limits, and It is mandatory that
they could be "automaticaly" authenticated - I mean, without the need to
dial long-boring PINs.

AreskiCC

The main problem into areskiCC - for me of course - is that it uses
postgre. I dont want to install it into my system, since I do have mysql
installed and running. I´m not sure if areski can do the autentication
based on the from field (my_user at my_domain.sip) of the SIP messages.

Do you know if it can do that?

AstCC x CallingCard Apps

I´m with serious doubts about if it´s more interesting to use astcc or
callingcard applications  -
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-CallingCard+Applications  -  to get what I
want. Callingcard seems to be lighter and right-to-the-point, in
comparison with astCC.

First of all, I don´t know if the calling card "Authenticate against
CallerID" feature is the one I need to authenticate against the from
field of the INVITE SIP message that will ask asterisk for a PSTN way
out. Do anybody knows or used that?

If somebody could give me some clues about prepaid environments and it´s
experiences I would be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo Poppi