[Asterisk-Users] ASTCC Rate Calculation

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Mon Jun 20 10:29:40 MST 2005

> >>eval { $cost = int($adjcost * $adjtime / 60) };
> >>#    cost = 253
> >>

> >Corrected, this would be 250.
> >
> >Viewed another way, using a 6 second increment, 147 seconds
> represents
> >25 such increments (actually 24.5, but we get all of the last
> >increment, so it's 25).
> >
> >25 * 10 (the cost of one 6-second increment) = 250.
> >

> Yes, but we need to allow for 30,6   6,1  60,30  billing.  I
> think the
> easiest/best way to handle this is the connect charges as ASTCC
> presently supports them.

I agree that ASTCC is, at present, wholly deficient in managing y/x
billing schemes (anywhere y != x).
I'd rather NOT use the connect fee to do this. If we're going to fix it,
let's fix it right. I don't have time to hammer it out right now, but it
seems to me that as long as y is evenly divisible by x (resulting in an
integer value), it should be pretty simple to come up with an algorithm
that will properly handle things like 30/6, 60/30, 6/1, etc.