[Asterisk-Users] Bill seconds [so far off topic that it has become a singularity]

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:17:43 MST 2005

So far you always dodged the point, which is that you pay more for
calling cell phones in Australia, if that's not the case say it, don't
just say that YOU don't pay for YOUR cell phones. The fact is that the
biggest portion of you phone bill goes towards calling cell phones in
Australia, you have never denied this, and even if your case is
different you might be an exception.

For all the members of this list, this was not a contest of where cell
phones are cheaper (although that's what it looks like) and which
country is better. I was just trying to point out an interesting thing
about marketing, someone was mentioning the idea of selling calling
cards with units instead of minutes. I commented on that, that such a
marketing technique doesn't really work in the states, and as an
example I showed the charging model about the cell phones. Since we
have now seen that the Australians are happy with their charging
model, and the Americans with their (regardless of which one is
cheaper), it shows that the cell phone companies have been doing a
good job in marketing. But in my opinion neither marketing technique
would work in the other country.