[Asterisk-Users] tos problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jun 20 05:38:16 MST 2005

> It seems that my * does not react to tos=<whatever> field in iax.conf. I
> am using latest CVS HEAD code.
>
> Can anybody help me with this issue?
>
> ps:
>
> if i go to chan_iax2.c and modify the initial definition of tos
> variable, it works fine marking packets with the value specified there:
> static int tos=16;
>
> if i put random text in iax.conf's tos=, chan_iax2 refuses to load
> because of incorrect value (so, it reads the value from the file, but is
> unable to set it properly....)

tos=lowdelay works just fine for me in iax.conf using cvs-head from
late last week. If you're unsure about the keywords available with the
statement, see the /usr/src/asterisk/configs/iax.conf.sample (or
where ever your source code is installed).

I have not tried this in iax.conf, but
 tos=0x18  ;lowdelay     ;sets ip tos bits (=lowdelay, throughput)
works fine in sip.conf, so guessing the use of hex values would work
as well in iax.conf.