[Asterisk-Users] No CDR Records

Andrew Tranter andrew at staff.cellwireless.com
Mon Jun 20 00:12:51 MST 2005

Hi,

Im new to asterisk, so, hi!

Finally got it installed and working (lots of troubles with oh323), but i
cant seem to get it to record the call records in any CDR files (or in
mysql).
I had one version of asterisk on a test system which did seem to record some
cdr records, but ive since changed my mind and set it up on a different
linux box (one that i can crash/shutdown etc without incident).
Ive got 2x x100 cards working and can make calls perfectly etc, i was
surprised to not have any problems.

The asterisk i had on my old system was recording cdr logs, but i cannot get
it to record logs on the new one.
Im not to sure which version i should be using, but cvs head
(06/10/05-16:34:11) works on my first server with the log files.

I did the same thing to get the cvs head for new server but it wouldnt
compile.
I grabbed the stable, and ended up with a CVS version 1.0.6-06/20/05, and it
wouldnt make any cdr logs
So i looked around and found a 1.0.7 stable version, tried it and it doesnt
make any cdr log files either.

Ive tried using the mysql addon on both aswell, it connects (i got some
errors about connecting to begin with when it was using the socket file),
but no records are inserted into the table either.

Ive set logging on to debug etc, and no mention is made there of problems.

/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv does exist, and is writeable by
asterisk.

By now, ive assumed ive fucked up somewhere, and missed a config or whatnot
that i did the first time to get it making the cdr records.
Ive tried retracing my steps, but cant find anything.
Searching online seems useless with my keywords also as i get lots of
unrelated references.

I write to you here asking for help, and urg, sorry for my long email.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew..