[Asterisk-Users] Scratchy audio on Bridged PRI Calls

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Sun Jun 19 23:02:01 MST 2005

I have a number of servers with TE405P cards. The servers are DELL 1850's (which I _NOW_ see are listed on the digium "not recommended page" because
of the ethernet interface).

The problem I have is only during bridged calls.

If I place a call into a service hosted on the box, or out to a VOIP phone, audio is crystal clear. If place a call "through" the box (a bridged PSTN
call)  the calling party hears some form of distortion when the other party speaks. Almost like a buzzing/crackling sound.

I have been right through the interrupt sharing issue (disabled ACPI, APIC, Hyperthreading, Frame Buffer, etc. etc.) and am getting good results in
zttest. I see NO IRQ misses or any other errors at the console.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
Rod Bacon
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650
FWD: 512237                   ICQ: 5662270