[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 500 Sound Problem

Matt cyberguy at voicenet.com
Sun Jun 19 21:40:23 MST 2005

Hi all,

I've been messing around with the g729 codec in some phones I use and had made all phones use the codec for all calls for testing purposes.  The problem is when I attempt to dial out on my Polycom IP 500 (test happens to be calling my cell phone) I can only hear sound coming one way, I recieve nothing from one user, just silence, yet I can talk one way perfectly.  Now I tried the same call (forced g729) on my Cisco 7960 and had no problem connecting the call and having conversation heard both ways.  I originally thought perhaps since I had only purchased one g729 channel license that it may cause such a problem, but then why does my 7960 connect with g729?  I also had some problems with a SNOM 220 I had tried out as the audio was non-existant on both ends if I remember correctly, but I havent tried that one in a while so I may be incorrect.  My primary concern is the Polycom anyway.

I even had a buddy couble check through the gateway I am using that both calls went through as g729 and were connected (which obviously they were if any audio was heard).  Is there something I am missing in the config on the Polycom 500?  I am 99% sure the firmware is up-to-date...

Thanks for any help,

Matt