[Asterisk-Users] WiFi IP Phones

Juraj Bednar jooray at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:22:19 MST 2005

Hello,

> > I know there are wifi sip phones out there but I have a
> > question, are any of these phones "anti explosive"? By that I
> > mean, there are certain regulations about phones or cel
> > phones that are not recommended to operate in environments
> > like gas stations due to sparks and the chance of ingiting gas fumes.

BTW: it would probably be even cheaper to use a normal analogue
wireless phone and connect it's base station to FXO port. You can get
cordless analogue telephones for cheap these days and I believe when
you buy a card with FXO to connect the base station to them, it would
be even cheaper than buying a Wifi phone... Have you considered this?

 Juraj.