[Asterisk-Users] bluetooth audio and asterisk

Juraj Bednar jooray at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:06:15 MST 2005

Hello,

> Has anyone successfully used a standard bluetooth enabled system to
> connect to a standard bluetooth enabled mobile phone (not the bluetooth
> to FXS converters) to create an audio path for phone calls with
> asterisk, if so is there a writeup on what was done so that others can
> replicate this.

I want to do the same thing. I want to buy an bluetooth capable mobile
phone without
a dongle. I want asterisk to predict it's a headset, so it can route
audio. This way, I could
accept calls from mobile network for very cheap. And also do the
opossite route (call
to cell-phone network).

Check this:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Bluetooth+channels

If you'll have any progress in this area, please let me know. It
should also be able
to send SMS, I have previously done this successfully, but without
Asterisk using
smstools. For sending sms, using a web gateway would be probably cheaper, but
it should be good for receiving.

  Juraj.