[Asterisk-Users] FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sat Jun 18 18:48:50 MST 2005

Jason Becker wrote:

> Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
>
>> FATAL: Error inserting wctdm
>> (/lib/modules/2.6.8-24.11-default/extra/wctdm.ko): Unknown symbol in
>> module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>> FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm
>>
>> Freed a Wildcard
>> module wctdm unsupported by SUSE/Novell, tainting kernel.
>> wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_receive
>

> Check out:
>
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-March/096532.html
>
> Regards,

It seems the new CVS acts different.
Before all modules have been come into /lib/modules/kernelversion/misc,
while old modules from Suse have been in the /extra/
New compiling of asterisk put it into extra

I cleaned the misc directory with the modules from April and made a depmod

I get now another error:

vpbx:/etc/asterisk # asterisk-restart
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)
ERROR: Module wctdm does not exist in /proc/modules

However, Astrisk started and with show version I see now:
 show version
Asterisk CVS-HEAD built by root at vpbx on a x86_64 running Linux on
2005-06-18 14:53:44

Why this error come up? How can I avoid it?

bye

Ronald