[Asterisk-Users] Unable to find a path from g729 to gsm

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Jun 18 06:41:58 MST 2005

> Now, with some hard time and help from many genurous people's in the list, I
> have come to this point with my TDM20B card & my teliax's IAX2 account.
>
> I hope someone may help me with this issue mentioned below. I have already
> selected my codec as gms in my iax.conf as well as in teliax's  "my account
> page" but still i have the same error when I attempt to make a call.

Based on the CLI stuff shown below, it would appear you have sip.conf
entries for your phone defined as g729 and you haven't purchased/installed
that codec. Either purchase it (www.digium.com) or change your phone
definitions to something usable (g711u).

> Second, my last digit is not allowed from teliax. that means I need one more
> digit from teliax for dialing through them.

This also sounds like a user configuration error. Without seeing the
appropriate sections of sip.conf, extensions.conf, and iax.conf, its
almost impossible to answer your questions with pure guessing.

> Third, I have somewhat poor support from teliax since I have send them 3,4
> emails and so far i got no replies.

As noted above, your issues seem to be asterisk configuration issues
and teliax cannot be expected to resolve those for you particularily
with no config data, etc, supplied.

> The error I got
>
> Jun 17 18:47:05 NOTICE[7396]: channel.c:1884 set_format: Unable to find a
> path from g729 to gsm

If teliax is truly using the gsm codec, then apparently your phone is
configured to use g729 only. Change that to g711u and try again.

> Jun 17 18:47:05 NOTICE[7396]: channel.c:1884 set_format: Unable to find a
> path from g729 to gsm
> Jun 17 18:47:05 NOTICE[7396]: channel.c:1884 set_format: Unable to find a
> path from g729 to gsm
>     -- IAX2/teliax-1 is ringing
>     -- IAX2/teliax-1 answered Zap/1-1
> Jun 17 18:47:18 WARNING[7396]: channel.c:2308 ast_channel_make_compatible:
> No path to translate from Zap/1-1(68) to IAX2/teliax-1(256)
> Jun 17 18:47:18 WARNING[7396]: app_dial.c:1324 dial_exec_full: Had to drop
> call because I couldn't make Zap/1-1 compatible with IAX2/teliax-1
>     -- Hungup 'IAX2/teliax-1'
>   == Spawn extension (outgoing, 19737228839, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

The above does say you are sending the appropriate number of digits to
teliax. Why are you thinking that you need to send "one more digit"?