[Asterisk-Users] TTS

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jun 18 01:54:38 MST 2005

aside from festival are there are other TTS engines out there that are
free?  I have written a simple script to snarf files from a foreign site
with a really good TTS engine, but there is a lot of latency so I was
looking to use something on my system, however festival is hard for me
to understand (far too mechanical).

Basically the script I have uses sitepal.com's TTS engine (after a
fashion) by grabbing the SWF of a phrase, which includes (pretty much
only) an MP3 which I SWFrip, convert and then play.  I have implemented
a caching system in there so its tolerable for static content, but live
content is much too slow.  I cant really complain since this is not an
'approved use' of sitepals system, and wanted something that was ...
better on a variety of fronts.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378