[Asterisk-Users] Local numbers

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 01:40:44 MST 2005

> If I set up an * server will I still be able to use my local Anchorage
> phone number through my * box?

If you are asking if you can hook up asterisk to your POTS line, you
only need an FXO interface and zaptel to do it. However, you should
avoid trying to have asterisk in your bedroom connected to the phone
line and family member or office co-workers using that same line with
their phones. It won't work our well as the left can't see what the
right is doing. Asterisk should be the "boss" of any POTS line it is
connected to.