[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk ael files

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 01:12:57 MST 2005

In article <429b380e050617165915020223 at mail.gmail.com>,
Shidan <shidan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi noticing the cvs updates of late, I'm wondering if there is support
> for fifo/shell commands in the extended dialplan language? can it
> fully replace agi scripts? Looks really interesting...........

I don't think so. It appears to be a front-end compiler that reads the
new AEL syntax and compiles it into the existing internal dialplan
representation (but I could be wrong, I haven't studied the fine detail).

I'm surprised no-one else has commented on the AEL stuff since it appeared!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield