[Asterisk-Users] 2nd Dialtone after answer

Henry Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Fri Jun 17 09:00:51 MST 2005

Hi all, DID is Direct Inward Dial where the last 3 or 4 digits of the
dialed number are passed through and are used/translated to call a
specific extension. (See Centrex)
DISA is Direct System Access where incoming line(s)are auto-answered and
receive internal dial tone, the caller then has access to the facilities
of the system.(including calling an extension.)

I hope this clears things up

TTFN Henry