[Asterisk-Users] Presence and IM?

Bjorn bok2 at online.no
Fri Jun 17 08:51:26 MST 2005

We have been running Asterisk for about a month now and one of the things I
miss the most is the ability to se who's online and available and who's not.
Surely, there's the manager interface, but unless you'd want to install
extra software on each client computer, this is not a good option.

Then there's the presence / IM function in SIP. Since we're only using SIP
clients, this could easily solve some of our problems. However, I cannot get
this to work with Asterisk using Eyebeam. Is this because the function is
simply not supported within Asterisk?

If lack of support is the case, anyone knows if this feature is to be
implemented in the near future?

Regards,

Bjorn