[Asterisk-Users] Dell PowerEdge + TDM

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 06:09:49 MST 2005

Here we have PowerEdge 2850's doing the donky work with a Wildcard
TE405P in each.

I have seen no operational issues at all with the system or the cards.
 We are running CentOS 3 as the operating system and the stable
version of asterisk

The only "niggle" is that when the cards are modprobed on start up
they sometimes <2 in a 100 give an "NMI" message, causing an error
code on the servers little window, its not affected the stability at
all, and its on my list of things to do to find out what causes it!

The systems generally have around 400 - 500 SIP extensions comming off
the back, running around a dual xeon 3Ghz and 3Gb of ram (no
transcoding all G711.u) - we are very happy!

David