[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Sipura 3000

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jun 17 05:51:42 MST 2005

> If I have multiple Sipura 3000 device how can I dial out properly? I
> can receive call without any problem and that's working really well.
> Caller ID is shown and when someone call he get's the welcome message
> the same way I have it configure with the X100P card. I don't seem to
> have any echo problem with the Sipura 3000 (but I do with X100P cards)
>
> My main concern is for outgoing call. Can I create a group like I did
> in zaptel for Sipura 3000 device? Like if the FXO port of the first
> Sipura 3000 is busy it will switch to the second and if second is
> also busy then to the third one, and all the way until all the Sipura
> 3000 are in used before saying that there's no line left?
>
> The only configs I saw on the wiki were with 1 Sipura 3000 but I
> couldn't find anything on how to setup multiple Sipura 3000 devices
> in asterisk for outgoing calls.

If I understood what you're trying to accomplish, try something like
this.

In sip.conf, define each spa3k something like this:
[3021]                  ; PSTN side of SPA3000
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=3021
secret=myspa1
context=from-sip
canreinvite=no
group=17
pickupgroup=2
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=216.21.194.0/255.255.255.0

and be sure to include "group=17" in each spa3k definition.

Then in extensions.conf, use a dial statement like this:

exten => _9.,1,Dial(SIP/g17/${EXTEN:1}

Pick whatever group number you want instead of =17 in the above.
If I recall correctly, you can have up to 32 groups (or something
like that).

When the spa3k first hit the market, someone recommended using port
5060 and 5061 in the spa definitions. I have never had to do that
with any spa3k. Rather, I leave both the fxs and fxo definitions
in the spa3k default to 5060 and use different userid & secrets
for the fxs and fxo definitions. The above definition for x3021
is the actual one in use right now, which functions correctly.
I've added the "group=17" in the above as an example; I don't
actually use that right now (for different reasons).