[Asterisk-Users] Dial timeout when server down

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Fri Jun 17 02:17:03 MST 2005

If you're refering to an IAX channel then, yes, that's the concept behind the 'qualify=' option. However, there are known weaknesses including that the loss of a single ping makes the remote host appear to be down. There is a patch for head available at http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4192 that attempts to make peer qualification more useful.

Hope that helps.

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District