[Asterisk-Users] How to detect telco Message Waiting Indicator (WMI)

Brian Martin asterisk-ng1 at martinconsulting.com
Thu Jun 16 22:42:05 MST 2005

I'd like to be able to configure Asterisk to detect and respond to message
waiting indications from my telco, as I'm using the telco voicemail as a
fallback in case the Asterisk line is busy, Asterisk or it's server is down,
etc.  Detecting either the FSK (preferred) or the stutter-tone, would allow
Asterisk to notify me that there it missed a message.  I see periodic
queries about this, but haven't found anyone who has solved it.  Are there
any answers out there?  I'm using a TDM400P.

         -Brian