[Asterisk-Users] Routing SIP to Cisco routers running IOS 12.3+

Bryan M. Johns bryan.johns at oneringnetworks.com
Thu Jun 16 19:39:23 MST 2005

I've experiencing some difficulty passing inbound calls from the PSTN,
through a large Asterisk switch and down our network to a Cisco 1751
router.  This router has 4 FXS ports and is running IOS 12.3.

Outbound dialing from phones on the FXS ports of the router works
flawlessly, but inbound calls fail as though the Asterisk server does
not see the extensions representing the FXS ports as available or
registered.  There is little to lead me to believe that IOS will support
a port-over-port SIP registration with Asterisk, so I have configured
sip_additional.conf with the following format for each extension on the
1751:

[XXXXXXXXXX]
username=XXXXXXXXXX
type=friend
port=5060
nat=yes
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callerid="XXXXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXXX>
allow=alaw

I am relatively confident that my problem does not exist at the 1751 due
to the ability to flawlessly process outgoing calls.  However, after
more than a day in this one, I guess anything is possible.

Does anybody out there have any experiencing sending SIP down-wire from
Asterisk to the Cisco IOS?  We might be willing to pay for the right
kind of help here.

Thanks.