[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Sipura 3000

Martin Roy mroy at mac.com
Thu Jun 16 15:41:53 MST 2005

If I have multiple Sipura 3000 device how can I dial out properly? I
can receive call without any problem and that's working really well.
Caller ID is shown and when someone call he get's the welcome message
the same way I have it configure with the X100P card. I don't seem to
have any echo problem with the Sipura 3000 (but I do with X100P cards)

My main concern is for outgoing call. Can I create a group like I did
in zaptel for Sipura 3000 device? Like if the FXO port of the first
Sipura 3000 is busy it will switch to the second and if second is
also busy then to the third one, and all the way until all the Sipura
3000 are in used before saying that there's no line left?

The only configs I saw on the wiki were with 1 Sipura 3000 but I
couldn't find anything on how to setup multiple Sipura 3000 devices
in asterisk for outgoing calls.

I would set it up the same way I have currently the zap channel
configure so like this :

[outgoing]

ignorepat => 9
exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9.,2,Playback(nomoreline)
exten => _9.,3,Hangup

I tried this and it's working :

[outgoing]

ignorepat => 9
exten => _9.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.0.1.111:5061)
exten => _9.,2,Playback(nomoreline)
exten => _9.,3,Hangup

10.0.1.111:5061 is the IP and SIP port of the Sipura 3000 device. So
that would work great if I had only one Sipura but if I have multiple
I would do it that way ? :

[outgoing]

ignorepat => 9
exten => _9.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.0.1.111:5061)
exten => _9.,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.0.1.112:5061)
exten => _9.,3,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.0.1.113:5061)
exten => _9.,4,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.0.1.114:5061)
exten => _9.,5,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.0.1.115:5061)
exten => _9.,6,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.0.1.116:5061)
exten => _9.,7,Playback(nomoreline)
exten => _9.,8,Hangup

would that work? it's not quite the best thing to do as if I leave
all the Sipura 3000 devices on DHCP if the IP ever change it will
stop working and if one line is busy what will happen...

Thanks

Martin