[Asterisk-Users] Intelligent maximum channels solution?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Jun 16 10:23:45 MST 2005

Hi list!

I have an asterisk box connected to an ADSL connection that has 1 Mbit
upstream. Is there any way to use max channels intelligently?

For example I would like to do some checks on the outgoing calls. When
it's quiet I want each and every call to go out to my IAX provider.

However when more people start placing calls I would like to leave some
room for the real expensive calls and switch chep (local) calls to the
PSTN so expensive international calls can still be routed through the IAX
provider.

I.e. allow 2 local calls and 1 call to a neighbouring country and still
leave 3 channels free for calls to Japan or China that would be
frightfully expensive from the PSTN.

This way I could squeeze the maximum benefit from the IAX / ADSL
connection.

Thanks!