[Asterisk-Users] Coding a telemarketing call blocker

Tore Hansen torehansen at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 16 09:45:04 MST 2005

Hi,

I am interested in creating a telemarketing call blocker in my Asterisk
dial plan. I am not much of a programmer, and I am wondering if external
AGI code would be required to implement this.

The logic that I would like to have in place is this:

1. If the incoming call carries proper name and number caller ID, then
ring default extension.

2. If the incoming call carries no caller ID information, then send call
to recorded message, followed by voice mail.

3. If the incoming call carries number only caller ID (no name info),
then check the area code the call is from. If it is my local area code,
then ring default extension, but if it is from a different area code,
then send call to recorded message, followed by voice mail.

Does anyone have any experience with implementing something like this?
I could use some pointers to steer me in the right direction.
Code samples would also be nice to have.

Regards,

Tore