[Asterisk-Users] Case studies for Asterisk Voicemail

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Thu Jun 16 07:27:49 MST 2005

I'm planning an Asterisk Voicemail system of around 3000 users spread
across several sites, each site connected by a fast network to a central
site. We're considering 2 models:

- Central Voicemail with VoIP calls from remote sites (easier to
administer the system(s)).

- Voicemail server at each site with shared database and NFS server at
the central site (easier to connect to the existing PBXs for MWI, etc).

The customer would like some case studies of people who've done this
before, even if it's just "Yes, we've done it and are happy with the
results". Now, I've implemented systems of this size with IBM  Websphere
Voice Response, but not with Asterisk, so don't have case studies to
offer, despite being pretty confident it will work.

Does anyone have a production Asterisk Voicemail system in this range
using either of these models and would be willing to put their hand up
and say "Yes, we're pleased with our system"?

--
Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,