[Asterisk-Users] This mailing list is being spam filtered on my site.

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Thu Jun 16 04:15:24 MST 2005

On Thu, June 16, 2005 12:34, Andrew Kohlsmith said:
> On Thursday 16 June 2005 02:01, Francesco Peeters wrote:
>> Check whether Bayes filter is set for auto-learn. It has somehow aquired
>> enough keywords from this list to mark the emails from here as SPAM. I
>> do
>> not know which filter you use, but the SpamAssassin built in Bayesan
>> allows for 'HAM' (ie NON-SPAM) mails to be learnt... Try collecting a
>> weeks worth of list mails and then have the filter scan them (look for
>> sa-learn) as 'HAM'...
>
> I too am seeing this and I've been using SA for YEARS.  I've been trying
> train it but some of the messages to this list just do not want to be
> classified as non-spam.  I"m trying to get them to come out clean without
> resorting to a whitelist.
>
> -A.

I too have SA running on my FC3/Postfix server, and it only picks out the
occasional post, so I'm not complaining (yet!)

First thing I did though was make sure it did not autolearn, and set up a
HAM and SPAM alias to send identified e-mails to for SA to learn from...

I have 31 mails in the HAM box and 1100+ in the SPAM box... (I also have
SPF and Grey-listing on, which catches a good amount of spam, as do the
sorbs and monkey lists)

--
Francesco Peeters
----