[Asterisk-Users] How to stop Asterisk from changing the SDP?

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Jun 16 01:32:55 MST 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Stian Selnes wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Tanks for your answer. So I understand you correct if you mean that
> there is no way to let asterisk leave the SDP untouched? I have tried
> SER, and I just wanted to look at the possibilities that Asterisk
> offered. A bit dissapointing that it doesn't satisfy my needs :-)
>
> - Stian

No - for a particular application you can probably get the SDP stuff going
out of Asterisk similar enough to the incoming for what you need.  This
will be by adjusting the codec allows and disallows.

But Asterisk's core does not think in terms of sdp descriptors and so
forth.  An incoming SIP invite becomes an incoming call into the Asterisk
core, which via the dialplan may become an outgoing call to some other sip
peer.  There's no connection between the incoming sip channel and the
outgoing one from the point of view of the SIP channel driver.

Now I can't say whether Asterisk can satisfy your needs, seeing you didn't
say what the needs are beyond "don't touch the SDP".  If that is really
what you need, Asterisk as it is can't satisfy them.  But perhaps if you
write the actual problem you are trying to solve you'll find that Asterisk
can meet that!

Steve