[Asterisk-Users] How to stop Asterisk from changing the SDP?

Stian Selnes stianse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 00:10:09 MST 2005

I'm trying to set up a direct SIP connection and have Asterisk stay
out of the media stream. When I look at the INVITE messages, I see
that Asterisk is changing the Session Description Protocol in the
INVITE message it receives, and send a INVITE message with a different
SDP to the receiver. This is not what I want. Is there any way to make
Asterisk leave the SDP exactly like it is sent from the sender?

I have set canreinvite=yes on both participants and my dialingplan is simply:
exten => _.,1, Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},20)
and NAT is not a problem

Thanks.