[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk code

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Wed Jun 15 22:26:34 MST 2005

This advice is good. My first change to the asterisk code was to copy the
DISA application and change it. So I have my own DISA application (DISA10)
that takes ten digits instead of 'n' digits + pound.

>From this I learned how to add the new application to Asterisk, how to
recompile and reinstall and how to put in debugging statements (ast_log.)

Most recently, I learned how to run Asterisk under the gdb debugger. My
main problem was not knowing how to use the gdb debugger. I solved that
with a google search on 'debugging with gdb' and found a really nice
tutorial.

I'm now able to attach to a running Asterisk and breakpoint at a particular
place.

For the original poster, I will comment that Asterisk is divided into
modules. The channels are all in the /channels directory. The applications
are all in /apps and the glue that holds it together is in the main
Asterisk source directory. Check out pbx.c and app.c.

It's a big hairy complex problem, but it's workable.

</edg>

--On Monday, June 13, 2005 11:13 AM -0400 Race Vanderdecken