[Asterisk-Users] iax2 can't listen on virtual interface

Lance Grover lance.grover at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:53:10 MST 2005

Can anyone shed some light on this, I have two asterisk boxes using
heartbeat for failover.  Sip traffic works just fine with the virtual
IP but IAX does not.  For example on my servers one server has the
following:

eth0 = 192.168.1.95
eth0:0 = 192.168.1.2

the other server has:

eth0 = 192.168.1.220

if the first "Master" server goes down the second server will take
that virtal IP for it's eth0:0 but in either case the IAXY phones
cannot connect to this floating virtual IP but can connect to either
of the regular interfaces IPs.

Please let me know if I am incorrect or if ther is something I can do.

--
Thanks,

Lance Grover