[Asterisk-Users] VoiceXML? question

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Wed Jun 15 21:14:58 MST 2005

dave cantera wrote:
> hi,
> is there anything going with VoiceXML in asterisk???  is this the list
> to query regarding this or should I put this on the dev list?
> thanks,
> dave cantera

I don't think there's anything built-in to support VoiceXML, but you _can_ do
something like this:

1. get a developer account on Voxeo
(http://community.voxeo.com/account/register.jsp) or some other VoiceXML provider
2. create your VXML app, and point to it appropriately on the developer account
pages
3. connect via SIP from Asterisk to your VoiceXML app.
4. Fini

Voxeo provides facilities to call in via Free world dialup, and your hosted
applications can be accessed via a FWD number. I've got a simple demo running on
  our pbx and it works.

Flynn