[Asterisk-Users] Strange Inbound Ring Handling

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Wed Jun 15 19:06:12 MST 2005

Got a wierd one that's reminding me of a problem mentioned in an earlier
post but for the life of me, I can't find it.  So...

Inbound calls via a Voicetronix interface on my Asterisk box are being
properly detected and routed to my dialplan as expected.  It's a simple
plan right now that rings a few internal Voicetronix and SIP stations.
When the inbound line rings, it's ringing the internal extensions a couple
times then it seems the FXO channel thinks the ringing has stopped so the
stations stop ringing too.  After a second (or two?), the FXO channel gets
the next ring and stars over again.  The result is that internal users
hear a couple rings, a pause, then another couple rings and a pause again.
 A Cisco on my desk is showing 24 missed calls when actually there were
only a few!

Does this ring a bell with anyone (no pun intended)?

Paul

PS: I'm running CVS HEAD on this test machine.

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park