[Asterisk-Users] HT-488 vs. SPA-3000?

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:34:07 MST 2005

On 6/15/05, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote:

> In other words, the further the spa3000 (or TDM card) is from the
> central office, the more difficult it seems to be to set gain values
> that are acceptable. That's apparently why many people find its use
> is okay while others seem to think its objectionable.

I've read all of these reports and thought... "Wow, I must be lucky".
The audio on mine is perfect. My wife uses it ALL day and has never
complained about the voice quality. She is very picky too..

Just for comparison's sake, here is the info on mine

Product Information
Product Name:                SPA-3000
Serial Number:              88012DA02506
Software Version:            2.0.11(GWg)
Hardware Version:           2.0.1(96a3)
MAC Address:                 000E08CAF559
Client Certificate:         Installed

Now, it very well could be distance to CO, but I doubt that I am that
close. I live out in the woods.

Sorry you guys have all these problems, but mine is perfect outside of
the occasional "talk off".

-Brian