[Asterisk-Users] Error installing Asterisk with zaptel and libpri

Kumara Jayaweera kumara.jayaweera at damad.com
Wed Jun 15 08:16:06 MST 2005

Hi all,
I have a vergin Linux box (FC3) and Digium's TDM20B
card installed in it. I followed the Digium's quick
intallation guide. donwloded CVS successfully,
installed in this order zaptel>libpri>Asterisk and got
this error without installing asterisk in my box.
(this is the end of the screen dump)
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lidn
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [app_curl.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/asterisk/apps'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
[root at proxy asterisk]#
I repeated the installation by cleaning the previous
installations 2,3 times and got the same error.
I saw sometimes my TDM20B card's LEDs were lit. (I was
happy). but now it is off all the time and I have
another problem there, i.e, after any reboot I have to
restart the netwrok manually everytime. it is not
automatically finding and setting up the network.?
please help me
kumara